Food truck is a large, decorated vehicle equipped with some modern kitchen appliances to provide the hygienic food to the citizens. The concept of food truck is not a very recent invention. Actually, it is a modernized version of an old conception. Thus, knowing about the food truck regulations is of utmost importance for the businessman.
Earlier food was supplied through a food wagon to the army camps where availability of food was very low. In order to set up a food truck you must know about the food truck regulations by state.
Basics of Food Truck Business:
Earlier, when food was delivered by a small wagon, there were very few food options for the buyers. But now this perception has been modernized to provide better service to the citizens. In metropolitan cities the business is blooming now. But before starting a business you must know about all the laws and regulations to avoid any legal issue. Here are some important facts which you must keep in your mind before getting in to the business.
- The first thing you have to do before starting the business is to quarry about the rules and regulations for food industry in your city. Because food truck regulations by state wise may vary.
- If there is no rules or instructions regarding food truck business in your local area’s law book, contact with the suitable government office to know all the details about it.
- Some cities have really strict food truck parking Follow the rulebook minutely to setup an authorized food truck business.
- Quarry about what type of permit you need to start the business. And also figure out if there is any law regarding the size of vehicles or not.
A short overview of food truck regulations:
Well you already have the basic knowledge about this field. Now have a look on some common regulations introduced by the government to develop the food industry. Health department regulations for food trucks vary according to the local authority. There are no constant laws to be followed to build up a food truck business.
This is a type business where a large amount of capital is needed. So it will be smart act to follow all the instructions given by your local authority to avoid an economic loss. Some in general food truck laws and regulations are provided below.
- Be sure about the licence you have is valid according to your local authority. You have to apply for at least a trade licence, a permit for the food truck and a driver’s license.
- Parking regulations are one of the factors which need a very careful attention. Parking your car anywhere will lead to violating the parking restrictions. To avoid any legal issue find the right place to park your truck every time.
- Parking area is not only the main issue. You may park your truck to a right place but the duration of parking is also a matter of concern. To avoid the parking issue you must have a firm idea about the food truck parking
- What type of truck you are using is also considered under food truck regulations. Be sure to use the permitted vehicle, issued by your local authority.
- Quarry about the safety procedure and permissible health code in your locality. Should you park the car near any bathroom? What type is water you should use to make the food? How to dispose the waste? All the fundamental questions come under the health code.
- Have a couple of insurances to secure your business. In some cities it is also comes under food truck regulations to have some proper protection. Contact an expert insurance agent and know the every detail about how to safeguard your business.
Food truck association:
To give a perfect solution for the legal problems to all the new comers in this field a special association has been set up. This is widely known as food truck association. Through this association you can quarry about all the health department regulations for food trucks. But as the food truck business is a pretty new concept, it is hard to find a food truck association in every city.
Yet it is very satisfying news this organization is trying to reach every single person who is dreaming to start a career in this field. In short this association is perfect place to quarry about all the food truck laws and regulations. It seems to have some legal difficulty to start the business but once you start you will definitely find this industry commercially fruitful.
Image by Ted Eytan